[OT] Flash is Dead

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 11:32:36 EDT 2011

It would appear Flash is dead or certainly critically ill. Happened much
quicker than even I expected.

http://www.telecomtv.com/comspace_newsDetail.aspx?n=47914&id=e9381817-0593-417a-8639-c4c53e2a2a10

And all those people who thought banning Flash would be the end of Apple,
and that it was stifling competition. I can't count the number of people
who've told me they 'must have' Flash so I've said 'don't buy an
iPhone/iPad', but they still did. Maybe that's why Adobe gave up so quickly,
even they saw the people who wanted Flash weren't prepared to support it?

So now it would seem that the competition isn't over, it's just starting to
warm up, on a completely different front. Good times :-)

Gotta love 'free' enterprise... where everyone wants to get a hold of your
dollar.