iOS forcing interface rotation

Scott Morrow scott at elementarysoftware.com
Tue Aug 2 10:23:51 EDT 2011

 I am working with an iOS UI that allows portrait and landscape rotation on one card but requires that the UI be presented in portrait on all other cards… no matter what the actual device rotation is.  The problem arises when leaving the card that allows landscape and going to a card that requires portrait.  If the user navigates to a "portrait only" card with device already in landscape, the UI is skewed.  Is there a way to force the auto-rotation without requiring the user to physically rotate the device?  (I had hoped perhaps some trickery with mobileSetAllowedOrientations and mobileLockOrientation /mobileUnlockOrientation…)

TIA,

Scott Morrow

Elementary Software
(Now with 20% less chalk dust!)