[OT] Unboxing the Acer Android Tablet

Admin admin at mfelkerco.com
Tue Aug 2 08:31:15 EDT 2011

I could not disagree more. I brother owns and Ipad 2. He and I were
having lunch and he noticed my hi-def, surround sound Acer Iconia (yes,
it has Dolby Surround). He also noticed the dual cams (one a 5
megapixel), the gps on board, the tactile touch and feel. I let him try
it. He was blown away by the responsiveness and quality of the build. It
is a solid, good looking and comfortable device.

Needless to say, he
bought one and gave his Ipad2 away to one of his employees. That says
EVERYTHING.

Mike

On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 09:12:56 +0300, Ruslan Zasukhin
wrote:

> On 8/2/11 8:59 AM, "Lynn Fredricks" wrote:
>
>>> But, it
does seem to be more Windows like and less Mac like in that it has many
more settings and configuration options. Plus (big plus) it has both
micro and full USB slots for memory storage along with built in
micro-HDMI. Both front and rear facing cameras are significantly higher
quality than iPad2, and I'm praying they work with Skype, which would be
huge.
>> Chipp, have you tried plugging in random USB devices (mice,
etc) to see if there's any sort of plug-n-play/pray like experience?
That's something Ive wondered about. It would be nice to be able to
attach whatever input devices one already has. Ive been giving thought
to papa's first tablet...

> As for me -- ipad is best of the best.

2-3 heads ahead.

> All this hardware "bonuses" cost nothing
actually.
> I never was need insert flash into iPad :) ... Why ?
> Well,
may be only if person have in home only ipad?
> But ipad is not
replacement to macbook, it is one more tool, which you
> should have in
home: TV, router, desktop, macbook, ipad, iphone :-)
> Each device have
own target.

> --------
> And only yesterday I have read one more
article
> Which describes how bad bad bad are sales of android tablets
> They really cannot hump to level even of iPad1 technically.

IMO, if you love your father -- buy for him at least iPad 1,
> At least
used ... Will be much more pleasure and use for person.
> Now iPad 1 can
be found near to 200-300 in USA, right?

> Btw, I also going present
iPad to parents,
> First of all because it allow easy and nice zoom text
to read.

> --
> Best regards,
>
> Ruslan Zasukhin