[server] using STACKS within ON-REV

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Mon Aug 1 12:54:36 EDT 2011

On my 4.6.3 installation at Dreamhost:

*open, create* stack works for me - "*go*" probably makes no sense to the
server engine.
*new card*, *number of cards*.
I can get the contents of a field, but cannot change it. No HTMLtext of a
field. Not sure what
custom properties work - all dimensions, *set, get*
*start using* works
I've used Mark Smith's id3 library successfully on server. Lots of
subroutines and custom properties.

some objects like buttons in a stack seem to crash the calling script. It
would be useful to have  all objects be invisibly included as they could be
used as a template for a web layout. I am guessing that these are bugs that
will be straightened out.

THe use of "This stack" really gives the engine no clue as to what "this
stack" is.  I have also found this unreliable on the desktop too where there
are multiple stacks in play. I find it preferable to be explicit as possible
when referring to objects.