Repost of "selectedText"

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 16:26:37 EDT 2011

Sorry chaps; just a nudge as most of you are focussed on the Conf.

So, here I am with a large textField, and as I merrily type into it new
characters keep getting
added to the end of the string (as one would expect):

Now, this is a textField being filled up with unicode (double-byte)
chars, and to make sure the
next chars gets placed in the correct place my insertion routine ends with

select after the selectedText

HOWEVER, when my line of text gets near to the edge of my textField I
tend to hit the RETURN
or ENTER button on my keyboard and start a new line . . .

after which things go "funny", and the  select after the selectedText
keeps pushing my
text insertion point back to the end of line one of my text.

Obviously "this just won't do" . . . .

Richmond.