[NASTY BUG] many commands are maked on the docs as working on RevServer but they do not

Pierre Sahores psahores at free.fr
Sat Apr 23 10:19:01 EDT 2011

Andre and all,

AFAIK, revServer is, for yet, a great but, still very, very difficult to market, server-side engine.

Two things would really help us to help RunRev to promote it :

1.- to see the current revserver cgi-engine be marketed as the final GM1 realize of a BSD2 licensed LC cgi way to code "n-tier" apps.
2.- to see the final revserver application's server engine get out of the RunRev's factory AS SOON AS POSSIBLE as the final GM1 realize as the commercial version of the LC way to code "n-tier" apps in using password protected stack's libraries.

Option 1 would greatly help us to defend LC as a credible alternative to Java and PHP in the open-source community and more (universities, our customers,...).
Option 2 would greatly help us to protect, in a clean and elegant way, our developments in high-concurency and commercial business environments.

I know how hard the team is always working and giving it's best to protect its developer's basis interests. I'm not sure, it's always aware that its leak of a clear visibility and/or strategy about the revserver product commercialization and support timeline is really the best response some of us can rely on, after two years of long waiting for the next to come revserver news. I really hope that announcements and clarifications are planed for the San Jose conference.

Other subject still focused to revServer development : one of the best books i found around to learn how to integrate revServer and JQuery can be found there :

https://github.com/rmurphey/jqfundamentals

Have a nice time, San Jose's traveller's :

Kind regards,

Pierre

--
Pierre Sahores