Free LiveCode eBook

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Wed Apr 20 12:15:28 EDT 2011

I agree, learned how to avoid several gotchas!

The book has a section on naming conventions for variables and that's been
discussed several time on the list, but does anyone use naming conventions
for their commands/functions?

I'm thinking specifically of handlers that aren't local to the script that
is calling them, eg a handler in a control calls a function that isn't in
that control's script - could be in a related group, at the card level for
the control, in the main stack, in a front script, etc.  I haven't used any
naming conventions for those situations and I've run into some situations
where it's taken me a while to track down handlers.

Pete