Export snapshot to an image?

Klaus on-rev klaus at major.on-rev.com
Mon Apr 18 09:46:44 EDT 2011

Hi Graham,

> I've been extracting bits of images using 'export snapshot', and this goes fine if the export is to a file. However, I have now tried to do an export to an image and nothing seems to happen. The command has the form
>
> export snapshot from rect a,b,c,d of img "LargeBitmap" of cd "BitMapStore" of stack "FullSizeBitMap" to img "TestImage" of cd 1 of stack "Test"
>
> All the objects and quantities in this script fragment have been tested as being of correct value and existence, and indeed the same 'from' values can export a valid file.
>
> The docs seem to say that what I'm trying to do is legit - what am I doing wrong?

this is what LiveCode does not like:
... from rect a,b,c,d...

Try this:
put a & "," & b & "," & c & "," & d into tRect
export snapshot from rect tRect of img "LargeBitmap" of cd "BitMapStore" of stack "FullSizeBitMap" to img "TestImage" of cd 1 of stack "Test"

> TIA
>
> Graham
>
> PS If anyone knows any other way of non-destructively copying a part of an image without munging the clipboard, I'd be more than happy to use it.

That's what I would like to know, too, as long as fiddling with "imagedata" is not involved ;-)

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major