This Connection is Untrusted

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 19:28:55 EDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 9:37 PM, -=>JB <=- <sundown at pacifier.com> wrote:
> I just tried to connect to my On-Rev cPanel and received
> the message,
>
> This Connection is Untrusted
>
> What is going on?  It also states someone might be trying
> to impersonate my sight or something like that.

This is due to your site being hosted on a virtual server.
If you have your own domain name, the browser sees that you are connecting to
www.yourdomain.com, but this is getting to yourdomain.on-rev.com

So this is seen as a potential hijacking of your link or site.

When you get this warning, you should get the ability to inspect the
certificate - so long as it says RunRev or On-Rev or something
familiar, then you know it is OK.

Cheers,
Sarah