text field in modal allows no input

Maarten Koopmans maarten.koopmans at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 11:26:44 EDT 2011

Hi

I have a main stack that accepts a drag-drop for files like this on a hidden
field the size of the card:

*on* dragDrop

   *if* the dragData["files"] is not empty *then*

      *modal* stack  "AddMetaData"

      addFiles(dragData["files"])

   *end* *if*

   *set* the dragAction to link

   *pass* dragDrop

*end* dragDrop

The addFiles command just copies the files.

AddMetaData is a substack with just one text field and an "OK" button,

*on* mouseUp

   *global* gNewTags

   *put the text of field MetaData into gNewMetaData*

   *close* this stack

*end* mouseUp

The problem: the text field has focus, but I can't type in it!

I tried to mimick it with a simple mainstack/substack where the mainstack
has a button"Go modal", and the moda stack is the same, and there.... it
works. So I must be missings omething with te message path/drag drop/.....

Any clues? I have thought about a more wizard like behaviour, but nce I
start hiding/closing stacks and using go to things are indeed editable, but
highly unpredictable.

--Maarten

** Just to be the clear, my use case is quite simple:
1- user drags file on stack
2- user adds some mandatory info about the files
3- files get copied

(2) is causing the problems, probably because I don't have my head wrapped
around LC completely (though I do feel more comfortable more and more)