player object and large video

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 01:41:21 EDT 2011

Hello,

I'm moving a stack from the development stage to standalone. For both
Win and Web. The stack contains a player object, which refers to a
large (55Mb) MPEG-4 video that is online on my onrev account.

Some odd things, though.

When opening the stack, the screen shows only the frame/outline of the
stack. After many seconds and the video seems to have begun loading,
only then does the screen become fully drawn. The web version takes
longer than the standalone.

Further, the video loops. The stack uses "set the playSelection of
player x to true" to play the video in sections. And that selection is
what is getting looped. But, in the LC IDE, the looping property of
the player shows "false". I'll try including an explicit "set looping
to false" in the card script. But don't think that'll work.

Thanks as always.

--
Nicolas Cueto