Error in Windows standalone

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Apr 13 18:28:09 EDT 2011

On 4/13/11 4:01 PM, Paul Foraker wrote:
> So, if the error is in the error script, and the error is the single quotes
> around "Object" when they should be double quotes, how do I fix that? And,
> why would it work on Mac&  XP, but not Win 7?  I'm so foncused.

In the original LiveCode script, it's in double quotes. I don't think
that's the issue. I didn't crawl through all the code in there, but it's
likely the double quotes are being replaced by single quotes later on
for some reason.

> However, maybe I'm doing something wrong in the specification of the place
> to save the preferences file.

The function looks okay to me and the paths are right. Try logging the
result after the folder creation and see if you can find a problem
there. Or you could wrap the folder creation in a "try" statement, and
log any errors. That would bypass the engine's error report.

I'm still thinking there's a permissions problem somewhere, and that's
why the script is causing an error. It also looks like a bug in
LiveCode's error reporting for some reason.

Does your user get the same error if there is already a folder created
in the desired location? If not, that would at least give a clue that
the problem is connected with creating the folder.

Is the user running under an admin account? If not, does it work if they
log in and run it as admin?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com