Yay! Victory RevServer runs on FreeBSD with Linux Compat installed.

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Wed Apr 13 16:37:19 EDT 2011

> CentOS 5.6 works perfectly fine in about revserver+postgresql web driven
> apps :-)
>
> On the other hand, i could't run such revserver+postgresql web driven apps
> under OpenSuse 11.3 + PG 8.4.7 nor OpenSuse 11.4 + PG 9.0.3 for yet. Did you
> went more successfully than me on this ?

Pierre,

I think I got it running on OpenSuse 11.0 or something like that but if I
rememeber correctly it involved installing some libraries by hand. I think
Linux is quite confusing in where it install things and where it looks for
things. I like how FreeBSD (and BSDs in general) have a clear view of how
things are configured and installed. The ports collection is great, I don't
care that it builds software from source, I care that it works and does not
conflict with the rest of the system. It was easier to setup RevServer in
FreeBSD than in some Linux flavors, what a crazy world...

:-D

BSDs Rules!!!!