LockLocation of a group

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Apr 10 21:44:47 EDT 2011

On 4/10/11 6:41 PM, Pete wrote:
> I vaguely remember a discussion about this once before but I need to ask
> about this again.
>
> The dictionary says "If the *lockLocation* of a group is false, the group is
> automatically resized when the objects in it are moved, resized, hidden, or
> shown."  I'm not seeing that behavior.  I have a combobox menu in a group
> and the group's lockloc is false.  When I resize the combobox, as as it hits
> the boundary of the group, that parts of it that would be outside the group
> disappear.
>
> Am I misunderstanding something or is the dictionary wrong?

The size change won't be visible until the group needs to be redrawn on
screen. As mentioned, give one of the objects a little nudge, or else
just leave the card and come back. (Haven't tried it, but just locking
and then unlocking the screen might do it too.) Unlocked images behave
the same way, and it can be a surprise when you return to the card to
see that your unlocked image has suddenly grown huge.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com