LiveCode - Import Tiff

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Thu Apr 7 00:52:38 EDT 2011

If you're on a Mac you can script Image Events to convert the file from TIFF
to PNG (or whatever) for you first.

Here's a script I used to convert .icn files to .png files that would
probably work just as well (with only minor modification) for TIFFs

FUNCTION createFileFromIcon pSourceIconPath, pDestFilePath, pIconSize,
pReturnImageData
   IF not (there is a file pDestFilePath) THEN
      put empty into url ("file:"&pDestFilePath)
      IF not (there is a file pDestFilePath) THEN
         return "Error: couldn't create output file"
      END IF
   END IF
   put revMacFromUnixPath(pSourceIconPath) into pSourceIconPath
   put revMacFromUnixPath(pDestFilePath) into pDestFilePath
   put "tell application 'Image Events'" &cr&\
   "launch" &cr&\
   "set theIcon to open file '[[pSourceIconPath]]'" &cr&\
   "scale theIcon to size [[pIconSize]]" &cr&\
   "save theIcon as PNG in file '[[pDestFilePath]]' without icon" &cr&\
   "close theIcon" &cr&\
   "end tell" into tScript
   put merge(tScript) into tScript
   replace "'" WITH quote in tScript
   do tScript as AppleScript
   put revUnixFromMacPath(pDestFilePath) into pDestFilePath
   IF pReturnImageData THEN
      IF there is a file pDestFilePath THEN
         put url ("binfile:"&pDestFilePath) into tImageData
         return tImageData
      ELSE
         return "Error: couldn't create output file"
      END IF
   ELSE
      return the result
   END IF