Live LiveCode Code Event #17 - wrap-up

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue Apr 5 21:48:29 EDT 2011

Dear LiveCoders,

Last Saturday, 2 April, we had another nice on-line gathering of LiveCode fans. This time we had 2 interesting presentations, both of which you can watch again, if you missed the event.

Claudi explored the interaction/integration with the Arduino micro controller. His project involves some hardware accelerometers and gyroscopes, which is also of interest to iOS developers. Claudi has provided us with his presentation slides http://qery.us/p1 and his Arduino demo stack http://qery.us/p2 . He also has a website, http://www.claudi.on-rev.com/livecode/experiments/ , where you can download his demo stack as well.

Claudi recorded his presentation in two parts:
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/13729151
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/13729531

Mario presented a "Message driven programming style", which means that he uses messages to simplify and rationalize LC programming. An important part of this approach is the broadcasting of messages using a repeat loop. You can find Mario's demo stack here http://qery.us/p3 .

You can find Mario's presentation here:
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/13730355

eHUG, http://www.ehug.info , raffled off the e-book "Take Control of Backup the Easy Way" courtesy of TidBITS, http://www.tidbits.com/ , which was won by Bernd.

We are still looking for people who are willing to do a presentation. Please look at http://qery.us/oj for ideas and contact me through this web form http://qery.us/du to tell me when you're available.