usage of dropfolder

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Tue Apr 5 12:30:02 EDT 2011

On 05.04.11 at 08:49 -0400 Thomas McGrath III apparently wrote:
>Ton,
>
>How time sensitive is this? Immediately?
>
>Can you set a flag upon first notice of the folder activity and then
>wait an indeterminate period of time to perform your LC action?

Ton,

I wonder whether Finder sets file information right away or keeps
updating it as the file is copied. Worth checking. If the latter, a
variation or enhancement of what Thomas suggested above could be to
keep looking at the file size as reported by the detailed files. If
three or four (or more) subsequent checks give the same number, your
program can assume that copying is done. Time delayed multiple checks
are needed since copying may pause.

Robert