script debug problem

edward cawley etcawley at fastmail.fm
Mon Apr 4 15:00:18 EDT 2011

I got an execution error that it couldn't find a message. I went to the script and commented out the message. I tried to debug the script with a breakpoint but it wasn't accepted because< the script debug mode is disabled>. Now I can't turn the script debug mode on so I can't trace the error. A search listed several recommendations to turn off the script debugger but no suggestions as to un-disabling it. The breakpoints listing on the script editor list several breakpoints that I can't delete.  I think it started with the execution error. I haven't found any discussion of it, is it a bug? How can I get it the script debug mode enabled? back on??
Ed