Creating an auto-updating button icon thumbnail image from card snapshot

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Apr 1 14:47:53 EDT 2011

On 4/1/11 1:42 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> On 4/1/11 1:05 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>> Jacque wrote:
>>> While you can take snapshots of objects that aren't open, you can't take
>>> them of cards that aren't open. Cards are not objects. I was unable to
>>> get a snapshot of another card unless I went there first.
>>
>> I didn't know I couldn't do that so I tried it a long time ago and it
>> seemed to work so I've been using it since. :)
>
> I see Keith is using it too, so I guess it does work. I couldn't get it
> to do that. I'm not sure what was different about my stack, but trying
> to get a snapshot of the non-current card did nothing.
>
> I see Keith is using "import snapshot" and specifying a card. That isn't
> in the docs and I always got an error when I tried to specify an object
> with "import", I could only specify one with "export".

Okay, I made a new stack and getting a snapshot of a remote card works,
even with "import". I tend to use the same test stack repeatedly for all
kinds of junk until it gets too messy, and then I start a new one. Next
time I'll make a new one right off.

Bob, don't keep what I wrote. Some of it is wrong.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com