practical size limitations?

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Fri Apr 1 13:34:35 EDT 2011

I know databases are the grownup way to do things.

But I loaded 1,000,000 words into 1,000,000 lines of a field by generating random strings of six chars. Takes no time to do that (0.6 seconds).

I retrieved a random word from that field. Takes no time at all (3 ticks). If you had a million words separated with a comma from their definitions, you would also spend no time accessing them. One card, one field and a button or two for functionality.

Craig Newman