data from USB joystick

-=>JB<=- sundown at pacifier.com
Wed Sep 29 05:10:22 EDT 2010

Exactly and that is why I did not mention it in my first response
because it sounded to me like he wanted to write code that is
going to allow his program to communicate with a USD device
and not depend on anything but his program.

Which brings us back to my answer that I was writing a stack
that uses the serial port commands.  I can send it to anyone
who wants it and it will open the port and allow you to send
text but after a certain amount of text is sent nothing else will
be sent which makes me think Rev is using a memory buffer
that fills up and unless you can empty this buffer you will not
be able to send more text.

I found to communicate with a USD device on a mac with Rev
which is now Livecode you need to open the serial port and
then you need a driver to communicate with the USB device.
Someone gave me a driver that might work but I never finished
the stack for a couple of reasons.  One of the reasons was the
problem of the buffer overflow or what ever is causing things
to stop.  At the time Mark Schonewille was thinking the file
might need to be sent as a binary so I coded it to be sent as
a binary and the problem was exactly the same.  It might be
possible to use the ADT commands to control the buffer if
you are using a modem but even if you can I am not sure
if they would work on everything.

So it sounds if he wants to do it he will need to rely on some
external programs like you mentioned but if anyone knows
the answer or wants the serial port stack I have created to
test please let me know.

-=>JB<=-