SelectedChunk

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 11:03:23 EDT 2010

Would have to program it, and now that i'm more awake, not sure you need to
go through all the convoluted stuff I did.

This is probably closer to what you can end up with.
on mouseUp
   put word 2 of the selectedchunk into tChar
   put char 1 to tChar of field 1 into tTmp
   put the number of words in tTmp
end mouseUp

This will work with the exception that if your selection includes a space at
the left the wordcount will be off by 1, so you'd have to test and decide
how you want it to behave in that situation.  Will also have to test for a
simple insertion point rather than a selection also and adjust accordingly.

To force full word selections, I believe one of the Marks posted something a
not too long ago that would do this... The gist of the script (If I recall
correctly) was that when a selection is made, you check for word boundaries
to the right and left and adjust the selection accordingly.
Once you have your char positions you can set the selection.

select char 5 to 12 of field "yourfield"

I haven't actually tried the forced selection part.

G'luck with all this. If I can locate the script I'm trying to remember,
i'll post a link.