I feel betrayed

Bantymom bantymom at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 24 03:05:19 EDT 2010

This is the first time I have replied to a uselist and I hope I have done it
correctly. If not, just let me know what I did wrong and I will do better
next time. I'm afraid I am more used to Invisionfree forums.
Kevin Miller wrote:

> On 23/09/2010 01:43, "Robert Mann" <rman at free.fr> wrote:
> Just to be clear here - we do have a scolarship program for K-12 and
> aren't
> going to be turning away anyone in that group who doesn't have a budget
> for
> a license. We'll be putting some more extensive pages up about that in the
> coming days but it is already up there. You do have to ask but we'll
> streamline the process to be simple.

Thank you! I look forward to more information. I have only just started on
my first stack with revMedia and was at first despondent to learn that it no
longer existed. StackRunner might solve my problem of running my projects
for my 2nd-graders, but I am hoping my school will let me work with the
older GATE kids at our school.

If it is allowed, I would also like to reply to the statement that
California spends more money per child than any other state. That is not
true. When I was in school, it might have been true, but that was an
exceedingly long time ago. Recently, Mississippi, Arkansas, or Alabama used
to be at the bottom of the list for spending/student. California used to be
48th. We are now 50th. It is confusing because if a district is in an area
with high property taxes, they make enough to support their schools on their
own and receive no money from the state (and so slashing the State education
budget does not effect the money they have to spend at all). All other
districts that are not in areas with high property taxes have the amount
they can raise augmented by the state up to a minimum level and no more.