The Scripter's Scrapbook (was: Online Snippets library)

FlexibleLearning admin at FlexibleLearning.com
Wed Sep 22 16:06:13 EDT 2010

Thank you all for the tributes.

The Scripter's Scrapbook is also available in the new RunRev MarketPlace:
http://www.runrev.com/store/product/scripters-scrapbook-1-0-0/

However, their new website has not yet been completed and there are no
download links for any products. To get a download (many different options;
choose the one/s you want), go to the Flexible Learning website page
http://www.flexiblelearning.com/ssbk.htm as Thomas suggested. Options
include standalone applications which are not included in the runRev
download (when they are re-instated) for those who wish to run ssBk outside
the LiveCode environment.

The on-line repository supports a range of attribution options and I would
encourage you to take  2-for-1 advantage (for every two you grab, put at
least one up yourself). You cannot store files but you can include any
number of stacks, files, pdf's etc you want by including their url
addresses. Ken Ray's work on the cgi to drive this part has been fantasic.
We have also included vendor options so you can offer your work for sale if
you wish as well.

The Scripter's Scrapbook is currently v5.2.19, last updated 24 June 2010 as
AndyP says. Updates tend to quite infrequent nowadays as not much has been
requested to improve.

Hugh Senior
FLCo

AndyP wrote:

 > On Sep 22, 2010, at 8:44 AM, Thomas McGrath III wrote:
 >> Scripter's Scrapebook link: http://www.flexiblelearning.com/ssbk.htm
 >
 > Thanks Thomas,
 >
 > Well what can I say. I've just downloaded the trial version and
 > well...job done!
 >
 > The last update to the app was June 24 2010 so far from dead.
 >
 > Very impressive product, made with Rev. We should all be supporting
 > this great product. I will be!

Richard Gaskin wrote:
Few dev tools have the feature-completeness of Scripter's Scrapbook.
Just when you think you've seen everything it offers, you'll stumble
across some other affordance he's included and find yourself saying,
"Wow, he thought of that too!"

Hugh took the time to draft a brief article about it for LiveCode
Journal (formerly RevJournal):

<http://www.livecodejournal.com/features/scripters-scrapbook.html>

--
  Richard Gaskin