Valentina Help

Warren Kuhl warrenkuhl at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 18:05:41 EDT 2010

I just purchased Valentina ADK and am trying what I thought was a simple
example but can't seem to grasp the concept.  Hopefully someone can help who
is familar with Valentina.  I am sure Valentina is a great product...but the
support and the documentation for the RunRev version leaves a lot to be
desired.

On the card, I have the following...

on OpenCard
get Valentina_Init( 10 * 1024 * 1024,"","(serial number)","" )
end OpenCard

on CloseCard
get Valentina_ShutDown
end CloseCard

I created a button to just try to write a record to a database that already
exists.  I just can't get any data written to the database.  Is there
anything obvious I am missing?  I am getting numeric values in the variables
mDatabase, tblSpin, and f1 and f2 so I assume something is working...just no
data in my table.  Thanks for any help!

on mouseUp

put VDatabase_Constructor() into mDatabase
get the effective filename of this stack
set the itemDel to slash
put the (item 1 to -2 of it) & slash & "Database/Spinnables.vdb" into dbPath

get VDatabase_Open( mDatabase, dbPath )
put VDatabase_Table( mDatabase, "Spinnables" ) into tblSpin

get VTable_SetBlank(tblSpin)

put VTable_Field( tblSpin, "Keyword1" ) into f1
put VTable_Field( tblSpin, "Term1" ) into f2

get VField_Value( f1, "test" )
get VField_Value( f2, "test" )

get VTable_AddRecord(tblSpin)

end mouseUp