LiveCode 4.5 and the midsummer (2010) "save 60% on revStudio" deal

Jerry Balzano gjbalzano at ucsd.edu
Tue Sep 21 14:01:09 EDT 2010

With the sudden, unexpected release of LiveCode and disappearance of revStudio, revMedia, etc., I'm feeling a bit stung by the midsummer "deal" we were all offered (and I and others accepted) to "SAVE 60% on revSTUDIO".  When I took this deal and paid the $99, I was led to expect a year's worth of complimentary upgrades to revStudio, not two month's worth of complimentary upgrades.  Unless I'm mistaken, if I wish to "cross over" to LiveCode, it's now going to cost me an additional $98, or approximately 2/3 of the $149 I was "saving" with the midsummer revStudio "deal"

I can't help but think now that this deal was offered, somewhat disingenuously, by RunRev, knowing that the product they were selling me was in effect going to be discontinued two months later?  Is this rather underhanded manner of behavior any way to treat your longtime, faithful customers? (rhetorical question)

"We want you to take the plunge and realize the benefits of Rev. Thats why we're making you a one time offer. Buy a revStudio license today for just $99 and save $150 We won't be repeating this offer any time soon."

Indeed.

- jerry balzano