Print Field error in Standalone

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 17:42:10 EDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Brent Summerton <
bsummerton at virginbroadband.com.au> wrote:

> To date I have been unable to print a field named "Results"
>
> I am using Enterprise 4.5.0 on a Mac 10.6.4 to produce a Standalone for
> Windows PC.
>
> on Mouseup
>  revPrintField the name of field "Results"
> end Mouseup
>
> Works in Mac Standalone, not Windows.  I have problem solved EVERYTHING!
>
> I had checked Fonts were Windows appropriate, Size and Color.  Color has
> been set to Web Safe "000000" Black.  In the standalone the text shows as
> black and prints as black on my Mac.
>
> In Windows...   NOTHING WORKS - Prints BLANK pages !!
>
> I tried a little test. I told the print button to put the field contents
> into a field on a New Stack then print.
>
> on Mouseup
>  Put field "Results" into A
>  Open stack "Printing"
>  Put A into field "Results"
>  revPrintField the name of field "Results"
> end Mouseup
>
> I have found that the text when inputed into the new field on the new stack
> is invisible (white) until highlighted!!!!  Somewhere between "getting" the
> field "Results" data which is set to "Web Safe 000000 Black" the data is
> being changed to white?
>
> What can I do to the following script to tell Windows that what I am
> printing is to be BLACK!!
>
> on Mouseup
>  revPrintField the name of field "Results"
> end Mouseup
>
> Going insane....    Thank
> you._______________________________________________

Hi Brent,

I have the remembering that you have reported the same problem on the list
in December or may be January.
Print in white is that I call a classical. Recently a client contact me
because the newsletter he sent to his followers was empty. In the css the
text was defined to white. He was confused when I have made him select the
text in the mail and the text appeared magicaly by highlighted it. Funny.
8-)

To be back to your problem, maybe have you followed the advices I replied to
you first post. So you have probably already set the color of your text to
black.

Have you tried to remove the field "Results" and create a new one with the
same name?
Do you built your standalone on mac or windows? If on mac, try to build it
on windows after to have opened and saved your stack on windows. In my
experience with other both platform development tools (not Rev) sometimes
the result of the compilation is different when you resaved forms or here
stacks in the destination platform.
For the same reason try also to remove and recreate your field on windows.

Regards
--
-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)
http://www.aslugontheroad.co.cc