Slow launch times on Windows 7

tekne tekne at gruppoparentesi.it
Thu Sep 16 06:03:53 EDT 2010

> * Permissions launching the file causing a problem?
No
> * Is there network activity during launch?
No. To test, I remove any script in the startup process. (I don't have any
handler in the main stack and in the only cd (splashscreen) of the main
stack.)
The task manager gives 25% CPU activity during startup assigned to my
standalone. When the splash screen appears (the only cd of the main stack)
the CPU activity goes to 0%.
The same behaviour on different PCs with win 7.

> * Are there are lot of files being accessed at application startup?
No file accessed

> * Anti-Virus settings set way too high?
No antivirus is on

I tried the execution in safe mode too. Nothing changes.
I think that the problem is related to the number of substacks but I don't
know what the engine makes at startup.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Riccardo