Real Basic Web edition - No Plugin Required!

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Sep 15 12:34:02 EDT 2010

Andre-

Wednesday, September 15, 2010, 6:53:22 AM, you wrote:

> This could be replicated in Rev, pure RevTalk right now. It would not be
> 100% safe since we have a blocking engine but we could always use a monitor
> process to detect lock up and kill it. I think it was 2006 or something,
> that I was talking with Mark Wieder about how one should go to implement
> that exact solution.

...and I remember writing up a long report on this at the time. I'd
have to dig it up again, but I seem to remember that single-threading
was the issue that would kill using revServer this way. You either
have a single thread per user application, blocking, and no variable
persistence (no fastCGI) or you have shared persistent variables and a
single engine instance with multiple users in the same memory space
(fastCGI).

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net