[OT] revtalk.net

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Sep 15 10:53:17 EDT 2010

Robert Mann wrote:

> I got this domain name last year and will not make any use of it. So i
> wondered what could be done with it?? Any idea?
>
> ?? if runrev wants it.. i'll gladly transfer to them..
> ?? but could also be an opportunity to have a kind of common place, site..
> of a kind one does not know yet, sand box where various people could try out
> different approaches to better share experiences & knowledge.. !!??
> ?? could runrev provide a free common on-rev space, where a bunch of
> volunteers could put up some perhaps more innovative collaborative tools??
> Concentrate ressources (like the tentative to gather all plugins on a site,
> the revPlanets etc : each of these ressources would gain from being
> assembled, feeding a single rss feed) and provide a revServer kind of
> showroom ??
>
> well food for thoughts...

And a tasty meal it is.

I have a couple robots chewing away at the edges of part of that problem
as I write this (more on that later), but since computers are too stupid
to count past 1 we could use some human insight here.

RevNet (in Rev see Development->Plugins->GoRevNet) is a community-driven
project designed to compliment RevJournal.com in providing tools and
resources for the Rev community.

I have a rather significant overhaul in the works with RevNet, and
central to that overhaul is an inherent extensibility and greater focus
on tools.

So while I'm working on that I'd like to remind people of the mission of
both RevNet and RevJournal.com:  of, for, and by Rev developers.

I'm very interested in exploring a wide range of ways we can make the
most out of having a web site and stack venue bundled with the product
to make working with Rev ever more powerful and liberating.

I've been discussing some collaborative work on RevNet with some others
here, and always welcome more.

Please feel free to submit ideas for things you'd find useful both at a
web site like RevJournal and in the IDE via RevNet.  If you have time
and interest in helping to code some of those things so much the better.

Consider RevJournal and RevNet as extensions of this community -
collaboration is very welcome.  Indeed, that's why they're here.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World