Real Basic Web edition - No Plugin Required!

AndyP smudge.andy at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 15 09:08:39 EDT 2010

Sorry to bring this up but I think it needs discussing.

I've noticed that Real Basic are about to launch a web edition.
Went to their site expecting a web plugin requirement and found this:

'REAL Studio Web Edition apps run as a FastCGI on Apache.' !

http://www.realsoftware.com/web/ http://www.realsoftware.com/web/

No plugin so works on most default Apache set ups. As it's a cgi it will
work on Ipad, Iphone and most browsers.

Now I'm not a Real Basic fan but have to say that having the web version to
output FastCGI is pretty neat.

Surely this is a better way for RunRev to go for the web and avoid plugins
altogether. Wouldn't this open up the uses and market for RunRev?

-----
Andy Piddock