Grouping checkboxes with label fields

charles61 cszasz at mac.com
Mon Sep 13 21:25:07 EDT 2010

I have a series of cards that have checkboxes. Some of the checkboxes have
labels fields under them because the label of the checkbox will not hold the
content of the information displayed. Here is my question: I want to modify
the following group script for checkboxes to display the content of the
checkboxes plus the label fields for some of the checkboxes. I have tried
grouping the checkboxes that have an additional label fields but that does
not work.

What changes would I need to make this work both checkboxes that have label
fields and those that do not have label fields?

on mouseUp
   put the number of buttons of me into nbr
   repeat with n = 1 to nbr
      put the short name of button n of me into tName
      if not the hilite of button n of me then next repeat
      put tName & ", " after theList
      --      put tName & cr after theList
   end repeat
   delete char -2 to -1 of theList