how to totally make Kevin's day

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 14:56:17 EDT 2010

  On 9/13/10 9:31 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> Nice use of big words and phrases. I am overwhelmed. :-) But it still doesn't get around to addressing the issue that you leave Steve no means of redeeming himself, or "making things right". I find this approach extremely "dictatorial" in it's own right, and Steve never even told you he LIKED you, never mind that he wanted to go beyond a first date!<pokes Richmond in the ribs with his own "stick of redirection".>
>
> A old wise old professor named A. E. Wilder-Smith (6 earned doctorates and countless lectures and debates under his belt) once told me that it's no good leaving an opponent in a debate without a way of escape. "We are trying to win minds, not arguments." he would say. I've had to really bite my tongue at times to try to follow that advice throughout my life.
>
> And by the way, your use of words to paint the picture of Steve Jobs as a ravening wolf is certainly very skilled, but reminds me of the unsavory practice of the modern media, of finding the most unflattering photos of a politician they really dislike, and only then printing those amidst words that describe what the politician in the photo might be like, instead of treating the facts of the article with the objectiveness they claim for themselves. Just an observation.
>
> Bob

Well; I will take nothing I wrote too seriously, nor anything you wrote
as I just had this vision of how wolf-like
Steve Jobs looks and everything sort of unfolded from there.

Frankly a glass of dry, white wine and a spot of Buxtehude beats
thinking about the nastiness of the computer
programming business any day . . .  :)

However, I am serious about what I wrote about Kevin, who seems to be,
despite misdirecting signs, a sharp
cookie: which is a relief really - who wants a company without one as
its boss?

I am also serious about what I wrote about my wife and myself:
paradoxically and unfashionably, we are still contentedly married after
nearly 20 years.