[OT] Linux Mint rolling release

David C. davidocoker at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 11:23:50 EDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 4:10 AM, Peter Alcibiades
<palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> This may also be of interest to some of you or your customers.  The problem
> with Ubuntu has always been that it is not a rolling release.  Mint is a
> well regarded flavor of Ubuntu.  Well now the Mint guys have now released a
> Debian based version of Mint, and it is a rolling release.
>
> http://www.webupd8.org/2010/09/linux-mint-based-on-debian-released-and.html
>
> May need a couple more point releases to get really smooth, but they will
> be there if they are not already in a couple of months.  Mint is a good
> team.
>
> Peter

Thanks for the heads up, Peter!
I knew they had this in the works, but hadn't checked the status
lately.... been using Mint for a little over two years and really
enjoy it.  I *really* like the idea of the rolling release idea!

I'll grab a copy here in the next day or two and put it on my
"non-production" laptop for a test spin.

Best regards,
David C.