Question about the debugger in Rev 4.0

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Sep 8 19:04:14 EDT 2010

Bob-

> Fascinating. So how would I set a soft breakpoint as opposed to a
> hard one? I use the breakpoint command. Is that the hard one? Which
> then is the soft breakpoint used by GLX2?

Yes - the "breakpoint" command (or control-B )sets a "hard"
breakpoint. You set a soft breakpoint *while you're in the debugger*
by clicking to the left of a line of code - you'll see a red dot
appear there to indicate that there's an active breakpoint on that
line of code. Click it again to disable it. When you're using the
script editor you can't do that and you're at the mercy of the editor,
expecting it to keep track of when you're editing lines of code.
Neither glx2 nor the IDE's editor really do a great job of keeping
track of breakpoints while you're editing your code - it's a bit of a
tough nut to crack.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net