Question about the debugger in Rev 4.0

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 8 12:52:56 EDT 2010

I have been using version 4.0 for about 2 months and find one thing
very annoying, that does not happen in version 3.5

When I set a breakpoint in the margin that appears as a red circle,
then run the handler, the breakpoint works as expected.  If I make a
change in the code on a different line, then run again, the breakpoint
is ignored.

The circle is still red, and the breakpoint pane shows that it is
active, but it is still ignored.

The only technique I found to work is to turn off the break, then turn
it on again.  This is very cumbersome when there are a few breaks
along a sizable handler, since that involves scrolling up and down to
reset them.

Is there a preference to set?

Jim Ault
Las Vegas