[feature] did you guys knew that "?" is a valid character for function/command name?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Sep 7 12:07:54 EDT 2010

Ben-

Tuesday, September 7, 2010, 1:51:35 AM, you wrote:

> This is very bad news for my long-held campaign to introduce '@' as an
> optional (but one day might be checked) prefix to a parameter, to indicate in
> the calling line that this is passed by reference.

I went to go vote for this bug report/enhancement request, but I can't
exactly find it. Are you referring to 741, 3753, 6820, or 6949?
BZ#3753 seems the closest although 741 has more accumulated votes
(8/1). And 6949 has 5 votes although it's somewhat a side effect of
not having a generic ability to specify "@" in scripts. And 6820 has
more votes than all the others combined, although it deals only with
the special case of passing a reference to an array element.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net