Data Grid Column Header Problem

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 18:07:36 EDT 2010

On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 11:45 PM, Len Morgan <len-morgan at crcom.net> wrote:
>  On 9/5/2010 4:40 PM, zryip theSlug wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 11:12 PM, Len Morgan<len-morgan at crcom.net>  wrote:
>>>
>>>  I had this problem once before but I can't find the solution to it now.
>>>  What's happening is I have a lot of information to show in a DG table
>>> (lots
>>> of columns).  In order to make it all fit, skinny columns like Sex and
>>> Age
>>> have been abbreviated to "S" and "A" respectively. The problem is that
>>> there
>>> appears to be some sort of "border" around the column headers so that I
>>> can
>>> only see a few dots from the middle of those two characters in the header
>>> making them unreadable.
>>>
>>> I tried changing the header margins but that just moves the text in the
>>> header up.  How can I get rid of the blank space on either side of the
>>> column header text?
>>>
>> Len,
>>
>> Could you precise:
>> - the width of your column?
>> - the margins you applied?
>>

>> Thanks
>>

>> Regards,
>
> As an example, the column for sex (Label = "S") is set for 30.  The margins
> were originally whatever the default is.  I changed it to 1 and the text
> rolled up.  I'm only worried about the right and left of the header text.
>  The vertical orientation is fine.
>
> With the header text "Room" and a column width of 58, the first couple of
> columns of pixels in the "R" are cutoff.  There is more than enough room in
> the header field, it's just adding space on either side.

Len,

The ideal min size is 40.
I gave your problem a try. It seems to me that the content of your
columns is centered. In this case, changing the margins with the
"header margins" do nothing, because the field displaying the header
title has a width of 2 pixels.

If you can give 10 more pixels for those two columns, all will be ok.
Otherwise, for now I don't see any workaround.

Regards,
--
-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)
http://www.aslugontheroad.co.cc