Bundle Shmundle: more "Bad Boy" mouthings.

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 02:24:55 EDT 2010

On 09/03/2010 01:56 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> On 9/2/10 10:35 AM, Richmond wrote:
>
>> * HOWEVER; I got ever-so-slightly side-tracked when I found that a Mac
>> Universal
>> standalone constructed with RunRev Studio 4.0 (linux) would not run on a
>> Mac.
>
> There was a discussion about this a while back. The same thing also
> occurs when building for Mac on Windows machines. Basically, you need
> to set the executable bit, which you can only do on a Mac if I
> remember right. Your build will run once you do that.

So, if I read you correctly, anybody who wants to spin off a Mac
standalone has to have access to
a Mac machine to:

1. Set the executable bit?  [ Pass me the Alka-Seltzer; how does one do
that? ]

       "which you can only do on a Mac if I remember right"  not good.

2. Build Mac standalones?

We've been Steved, perhaps?

That is rather bad news as not everybody has the sort of wherewithall
that they can have a Mac sitting
ready for this.