Rev & SQL question

Mike Arnold ma at snowcamp.org
Thu Sep 2 20:12:14 EDT 2010

I am finally back at Rev again, with a small project up front and eventually a much bigger project (I hope).  It seems each time I start with a rev project I find a new area to explore and get stopped cold ... its such a nice platform, just have to get back in the swing again.

This time I've decided I need to use a database (really as a prep for the bigger project) but have run up against a problem I spent too much time on.

I have mySQL running and have defined a database & couple of tables with a set of fields.  One table will have a list of defined Names that will be in a drop-down-menu

What I have been trying to do, once opening the database is something like the following:

   revExecuteSQL dbID,"SELECT Name FROM myTable INTO ARRAY :1","eventList"

Where I'd like to fetch all the Names into an array named eventList.  Apparently, I am not doing this correctly.  The function seems to work, but eventList stays undefined (or if I have initialized it, to its initialized value).

My apologies for the long story and short problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Mike.