Bundle Shmundle: more "Bad Boy" mouthings.

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 11:35:36 EDT 2010

On 09/02/2010 06:21 PM, Klaus on-rev wrote:
> Hi Richmond,
>

>> At the risk of offending Klaus Major [ what me? surely not? ]
>>
> oh well...

>> What got me was this:
>> "the surprising new bundle structure on OS X introduced with 4.5 dp4"
>>
> I only meant that Rev on OS X now will come as ONE app bundle with everything in it
> and not with easily accessible folders like earlier versions.

Hey; us "thickos" need to have these things explained explicitly.

> So I am not sure what the meaning of your post is?

oh well . . .

The meaning of my post was meant to be [*] that, having looked at the
inner structure of
Mac standalones built using 4.0 and 4.5 the difference seemed 'only' to
be in the lack of
a PlugIns folder in the latter, and I was wondering why.

* HOWEVER; I got ever-so-slightly side-tracked when I found that a Mac
Universal
standalone constructed with RunRev Studio 4.0 (linux) would not run on a
Mac.

Thinking about things now, the "side-track" seems more significant than
the original idea.