[OT] Browsing the internet... It is safer from Linux?

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Sun Oct 31 23:29:47 EDT 2010

Sounds like you have users with unsafe browsing habits, who end up
falling for many of the social attacks out there. I have the same
problem in my household, but I've cured all but my Dad, who insists on
downloading and installing every exe he runs across which claims to
make his system run faster. :-)

I've used the free version of AVG since XP with ZERO problems on a
bunch of computers, including my current two with Win 7. I'm not
saying no one else has viruses on Windows, just not ones I use.