[OT] Browsing the internet... It is safer from Linux?

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 21:31:51 EDT 2010

Microsoft security essentials is the target of another spoof alert
attack, though I'm sure you got the real microsoft security essentials
from the microsoft site, I've had to fix this one for a friend,
recently in fact.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-fake-microsoft-security-essentials-alert

While most of the time, it's obvious that it's a scan, but not always.
What is it the IRA statement to Margaret Thatcher said?   (goes to
find it)

"Today we were unlucky, but remember we only have to be lucky once.
You will have to be lucky always."

I see Virii in the same light, minus the bombs, blood and death.
Heck, I see spoof emails in the same light too. Send out 12 million
and you don't have to get many bites to make it worthwhile.