[OT] Browsing the internet... It is safer from Linux?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Oct 31 15:59:36 EDT 2010

Roger.E.Eller wrote:

> It is in many cases the virus makers themselves who infect Windows,
> and then use FAKE anti-virus messages that offer to cleanse your
> machine "for a fee".

URL?

I'm sometimes prone to notions that seem conspiratorial myself, but
while this meme has been floating around for a few years I've not yet
been able to find any actual case where this has been demonstrated to
have happened.

Not to say that if it hasn't been proven it's impossible, but it's such
a harsh accusation of massively destructive criminal fraud with
potentially billions on the line that one would think that if such
stories were true many - including the FBI - would be well motivated to
corroborate.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World