How to reorder lines in a list field

André Bisseret andre.bisseret at wanadoo.fr
Sat Oct 30 14:20:41 EDT 2010

Le 30 oct. 10 à 17:49, Scott Rossi a écrit :

> Recently, André Bisseret wrote:
>
>> I am trying to get a list field where it would be possible to reorder
>> the lines.
>> (is there somewhere any tutorial or any solution on this?)
>
> GetInLine is one example.  Execute in your message box:
>
> go URL "http://www.tactilemedia.com/site_files/downloads/
> getinline.rev"
>
> Regards,
>
> Scott Rossi
> Creative Director
> Tactile Media, UX Design

Thanks Scott for your reply.

Indeed, I know your very nice "GetInLine" (which was pointed out by
Éric Chatonet in his tutorial "Managing Drag and Drop"

But, actually, I am trying to learn using the drag and drop features
of livecode.

In fact starting from this tutorial, I have got a script which runs
nicely in a test stack I made.

My problem arises when I put the same script in a field of an app. I
am developping:  it does not works there.
Even If I copy the test field on my app. it does not work.

If I copy the field of my app. (which has the same script) on a brand
new stack, then the script works!!

So the problem comes from the stack of my app.

I can't find any idea about what  could hinder the field and its
script when it is on my app.

Thanks again for your reply

Best regards

André