Stress-testing SQLite

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Oct 30 13:55:33 EDT 2010

Lynn Fredricks wrote:

>> 32TB db limit according to this:
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_relational_database
>> _management_systems#Limits
>
> Charts like this, especially on Wikipedia should be taken with a grain of
> salt. Feature comparisions (yes/no) I can appreciate, but when it comes to
> capacity and performance, that's a bit different.

Indeed.  With LiveCode, for example, fields can *theoretically* hold up
to 4GB, but I pity the person who tries it.

There's often a vast difference between theoretical addressing limits
and real-world use, hence my interest in finding actual use cases for
SQLite.

> There are some database vendors that in their EULAs state you cannot
> publish performance data, and also have sued some who have done so.

A curious limitation.  Which ones?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World