Re; Stress-testing SQLite

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Oct 30 11:23:54 EDT 2010

Sivakatirswami wrote:

> I was using and old example SQL stack... small data returns were fast,
> but a lot of data (select * from table whatever.. i.e. "everything")
> from a PostGreSQL database....  adding it to a display field. It took
> forever...
>
> Then I remembered "Dont' Do That!"
>
> When I got all the data in a variable and just posted to the field once,
> it was "like 20 times faster."

It seems in my initial tests that the time it takes to get data through
the externals interface is much long than what it takes to move data
around within Rev natively.

Is this a known limitation of externals, or is this just a case of false
attribution of the root cause on my part?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World