html entities

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 10:53:09 EDT 2010

Got a small problem and wondering if there's any way around it.

When getting the htmlText of a field, is there any way to make Rev/LiveCode return the numeric html entities of special characters? So for example, if I have a word in Spanish, like "día" (accented i), if I put that into a text field and get the htmlText property of that field, is there any way to return the string "día" instead of "día"? When setting the htmlText property, either one works, but Rev always returns the latter.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Chris

--