HELP Key ???

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Oct 28 17:47:23 EDT 2010

On 10/28/10 3:12 PM, Richmond wrote:

> So . . . What about the rawKeyDown being 0 ?????????????

I'm not exactly sure what you're after. The keycode for the key where
the tilde is on my keyboard will be different from the keycode of the
same place on another keyboard. Keycodes are assigned to the letter
being represented, not to the position on the physical device.

So as someone said, if you are looking for a positional keycode, you'd
have to ask your user to press the desired key. I suppose you could
check the system language and make some educated guesses about the
keyboard they probably are using, but I wouldn't rely on that. People
can change the system language at will.

I didn't think there was a keycode zero; isn't that usually a null?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com