OT: SheepSaver

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Oct 26 16:56:45 EDT 2010

I just checked the TCP/IP setting and it looks like they bridge their own network with the native OS X network. Because of this a lot of things will not work, such as MacPing. This was a really cool ping scanner because you could ping a whole subnet of addresses, then start pulling Ethernet jumpers at the switches, and easily map which computer was on which port (think dumb switches). MacPing will not ping through the bridge. It may actually not be a bridge but a software router, because normally pings through a bridge would work fine. Oddly, it detects all the devices on the native network, but the pings fail after that.

Bob